Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Groom’s Prayer

By Joseph C. Collins

Oh God, as I look I see all the beauty that you have made, but none has captured my heart more than a presence of a lady. For she walks with grace and with stature; You bless her with love and understanding and with joy like a child’s. Such an honor it is, oh God, to see such beauty.

And so I ask, oh Lord, help me, my God, to be the husband that she deserves. Let my ears be quick to listen and my tongue be quick to silence. Let my arms be her comfort and my words flow with Your peace. I pray that my touch be as gentle as my kiss. Grant me your wisdom so I can honor her.
My God, help me to understand her, for the greatest privilege I will have is to look upon her face as I wake up next to her and throughout the day.

Oh Lord, help me be the husband that you meant for me to be, to become one who loves her as she should be loved. My King, help me to serve her, even after a hard day at work, for my day does not end until my head is on my pillow.

This is my prayer, oh Lord, for out of all that you have made, none has captured my heart more. To me she is the most beautiful of all Your creation.

1 comment:

Elmo Q. Shangnaster said...

My God, help me to understand her, for the greatest privilege I will have is to look upon her face as I wake up next to her and throughout the day.

If you take an aspirin when you wake up it might go away.